Better Late Than Never

I should have written this half a month ago but having to come back to a place like Iraq after just sampling America for a mere 15 days will drain the energy out of your body. Before I went of mid-tour leave I was so pumped about returning to my hometown and seeing all my friends and family again. Everything was mostly like it was when I left it. Except the situation was much different, everybody that I knew had graduated from college, gotten married and had kids or were pursuing new goals altogether. Some people had changed because of new challenges they have had to cope with recently, others were the same ol' kids I grew up with back in the day. You might be wondering what the hell I did on leave after having to read facebook status after facebook status exclaiming how soon it would be until I touched down in America. Well, I arrived in Birmingham on a Sunday morning and took a $70 dollar cab ride from the airport to my crib in Chelsea because I did not want to have to wait for someone to come pick me up. I arrived at my house with no one there since they were at church. But to my dismay the key was not left out in its usual spot so I had to break in to my own house. I called my brother and suprised my parents as they turned onto Hwy 47 next to the Winn Dixie undoubtly snapping my father's neck when he turned to see me standing beside my car wondering how I got the keys to it since they were locked inside the house. Sortly after my brother's friend showed up to join us in the parking lot while we pondered whether or not to mess with this crack hoe standing on the corner of the plaza. But sadly, she got a ride with someone before we had the chance to formulate just how we were going to have our fun. After relaxing for a bit back home I had some obligations to go see some good friends that kept up communications with me while I was out of country. I'd like to thank all my friends and family right now for keeping me entertained during my stay whether it be by bowling, kayaking, bar hopping, skeet shooting, karaoke,movies, getting bounced for being a racist (Centerview Bar sucks!!), tattooing, dining or just plain chillin'. Both Birmingham and Tuscaloosa were great places to visit and re-live some great memories while reconnecting with those that mean the a lot to me. For those of you that I did not get to see I will be back in December so I hope to see you then. Thanks guys I appreciate you so much for the great time you showed me during my stay.
0 Responses